Amid the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic and lockdown period, the people’s need to stay indoors rapidly rose, letting the internet usage rise. The most popular game broadcasting platform, Twitch, also witnessed a 19.7% rise in traffic, starting from January to March 2020. The entire pandemic situation reshaped the whole year in several ways, and the global mobile game marketing heads abruptly transformed to meet the rising and shifting demands. Advertisements are also one of the most popular app monetization strategies.
Statistics of current mobile game marketing –
Previously, TechCrunch unveiled that the number of mobile games adds 33% of the total downloads, 74% of consumer expenditure, and 10% of app usage. Amid the pandemic, gaming and sports also witnessed a higher demand in the number of installs during 2020.
Another expert report from Adjust also showed the extent of demand for the globally available mobile game titles. The hyper-casual and battle royale games are the leaders among all the available mobile game titles. Furthermore, compared to the previous year, the current season saw a dramatic rise of 132% more installs.
Moreover, the number of preferences also rose rapidly for the mobile game apps, and the number of installs increased by around 47%in the current season. Many top mobile game titles also witnessed 75% more installs, and now the number of total downloads for mobile games is around 1.2 billion.
How to Advertise on Mobile games?
Global mobile gamers are more likely to get attracted by the available ads in mobile game titles. The records unveil that the number of mobile gamers getting attracted is 41%, whereas it is only 17% for the web. Thus, when the ads are this effective, it is also essential to precisely go for the right ad mechanic to target more customers for the game and app. Moreover, this is also an important factor for successful game launch strategies.
- Video ads: Like landing page and ASO, the combination of mobile games and video ads is also highly effective. The only factor that one must take care of while considering the video ads is to make it more appealing to make it more advantageous and useful. Static ads are also effective, but conveying any message to the users gets more effective and more comfortable with the video ads.
- Playable ads: This format of the ad has been voted as one of the most effective in-app ad formats by U.S. professionals, and it is an excellent way of driving the installs. These rewarded ads will allow customers to play a section and check the game. This will help the customer check the app with a small trial before having an install.
- Rewarded video ads: This is a gamification format of the advertisement where the users can choose to see the ad and then receive the in-game rewards for the time being. The users can win some currency or extra lives, depending on the mechanic that the developer chooses.
- Dynamic or static ads: These ad types are prevalent too and can be used for driving acquisition and in-app conversions. This features various kinds of content. Dynamic ads get updated in actually in a pragmatic manner using behavioral and demographic targeting. Dynamic ads are highly interactive and can be displayed smoothly in the gaming environment. Static ads get designed early and have innovative features that do not update dynamically. Static advertisement is more like a traditional ad display mechanic and contains images or products being delivered similarly for single campaigns.
The performance of the campaign depends on the type of gaming ad and the mobile game ad revenue also adds a higher share to the company’s overall income. For example, hyper-casual gamers watch twice as many ads as other gamers and download 10x more games. If one owns more than one app, they should promote both of their products with in-app ads. This is one of the best ways for the publisher and advertiser to monetize mobile games and provide insight into user preferences.
Mobile Game Ad Design Tips
Below there are some of the practical design tips which help to improve the game advertising ads and turn out to be an advantageous mobile game launch strategy.
- Personalize Your Gaming Ads
The better performance will occur only when the personalized ad experience is more. If one tailor their gaming ad on the platform that they are viewing it on, they will earn more clicks and conversions.
- Embrace Brevity
This mostly belongs to videos – the gaming ads need to capture the user’s attention faster.
The recommended length for standalone news feed video ads of Facebook is 15 seconds, but it is recommended to get the point even more earlier.
Try to get the message across the world in the first five seconds of the video and make sure it is less than 20% of the ad if using any form of on-screen copy- and give the message without getting in the way of audio and visuals.
- Just show, Don’t Tell.
If you aim to educate the users on how to use the game or the app and play on the platform, the ad must show how to do it and not tell it.
Showing the fantastic gaming mechanic in the first three seconds can be more effective and attractive to seek the users’ attention in a single go. Any developer can use this fantastic tactic with an attached link to directly get the app or the game downloaded to their device.