This is all about the monetization techniques that impact the hyper casual games. For better monetization techniques, it is a must to know the top ones that really are impactful, and the ones that already turned out to be the golden stones for some top hyper casual game developers and publishers.
Angry Birds is the blockbuster title from Rovio, and this came after about 51 failed developments and titles. But, what made Angry Bird a successful one with higher revenue generation?
Having a glance over the popular game Angry Bird, here are the prominent monetization techniques used by Rovio for success beyond imagination!
Rather than depending on the direct purchases, the game Angry Birds uses hard currencies in form of gems. Below are the four key reasons exhibiting that these currencies beat direct purchases immensely.
- Possessions are increased by hard currencies as the players are encouraged to purchase more currencies. Sometimes players are encouraged to come back to play the game because the only reason is they have currencies in the game for which they already paid.
- These average purchases are enlarged due to the hard currencies, as just by increasing the small amount in the price adding some discounts attracts the users while keeping the price for the game the same. Hence, this eventually increases the average revenue.
- Sometimes an effective use of encouraging video ads enables more hard currencies. For some players to complete various actions, the game establishes requests for more hard currencies. Some modes which are ensured for the players are Tournament, missions, daily bonuses, challenges, events, and some others. Also, for more retention of players towards the game, this game provides some real money-related opportunities too.
- Sometime when players do not have a fast and smooth internet connection, these hard currencies help the players to play most of the game when offline too. If any user is bored at someplace and he/she won’t have a good internet connection and have enough time to play the game or have some refreshment, this game is the best choice for them. There are 5 lives provided and the player can fill up their hard currencies and can buy lives with these hard currencies while off-line.
If any player wants more gems in the game, for that, it features 9 different types of packages ranging from 0.99 cents to 99 dollars. In every purchase, the players can earn stamps, also known as the VIP points. For any player to maintain their VIP status he/she has to purchase repeatedly and thus generating higher revenue. The game also provides a subscription in which players can get gems every day for a month.
The game featured a classic life mechanically. Each life is regenerated within 30 minutes, and if the player loses all the lives he/she has to wait until the live are refill.
This life mechanic not only ensures a good monetization mechanic, but it also provides a good retention mechanic for the player to come back to play the game when all the lives get refilled.
With the mechanics and the rising difficulty, failing of the players is made more frequent. This eventually helps to increase the engagement among the players and attracting them towards monetizing by refilling their lives. Difficulty also increases as one move ahead in the game, and added ‘blocking’ levels show the difficulty of the game and increases retention more, giving rise to the revenue.
The players who are not able to complete the levels or fails frequently, the game provides The Extra Move mechanic. Also, the game levels are exclusively designed to miss some chances and hinder the winning, and this ensures the monetization by attracting the players for buying the extra lives.
While running out of the battle, players monetize buying the birds. With this, by each payment, around three more birds can be brought, and this ensures continuing with the game.
The game also has an arena mode, and the players are given tickets for entry in every 3 hours. These tickets are meant for the entry in the Arena, and the players go against each other in this.
These tickets limit the number of times of Arena battle mode, if the player loses all tickets he/she has to wait for 3 hours to play the Arena again. This increases the credibility of the game too. With the constant rewards, the retention is increased too, pushing the players to engage more in the game.
The game also includes a league element for better competitions. Angry Birds 2 is a traditional game and is designed safely. There are about 16 players in the league at a time, and one league is there for a week. Players can play leagues and get up to 10 stars depending on how much points they get by destruction points. There are a total of 8 tiers involved in the league, and it takes on an average of 7 days for reaching the highest one.
All of these in these turn monetization up as Tickets are like the lives in the Arena mode, and players monetize by buying the tickets. Because of the time-limit involved, the players are attracted to buying the tickets. Thus, Arena ensures more incentivizing and retention, and thus increases purchasing by the players, giving rise to higher revenue. The arena is the most powerful feature of these mentioned benefits.
One of the daily bonus features of this game is The Tower of Fortune; this feature can be used by a player once in a day. In this daily bonus feature, the player is presented with 4 cards, from these 4 cards, 3 cards are rewarded which provides players best rewards while one of the cards is a pig card that will take all the rewards collected
There are 75 percent chances for the player to increase its rewards and in the same way, there are 25 percent chances for the player to lose it all. The player has a chance to collect the rewards which he/she received, before flipping the card.
If the player flips the card and saw that there is a pig encountered at that time they have an option to lose all the collected rewards or can save their rewards by pay gems. Thus, it is a luck-based system for the players and ensures higher revenue for the game by increasing the attraction in the players for buying the gems to save the rewards.
Angry Bird: A blockbuster release!
From ZERO to HERO! These monetization strategies and gaming mechanics turned the tables for Rovio! Angry Bird is the 52nd release of Rovio and 1st successful one. It now accounts for around 200 million + USD and is an emerging title.
Monetization assurance with Game App Studio:
The best monetization strategies come with the best marketing and development experts. Making everything smooth and engaging along with ensuring the highest revenue generation with a number of impactful monetization techniques is best assured with the team of Game App Studio.