Augmented Reality is considered to be the biggest trend currently, and is getting bigger and bigger as AR-ready devices are becoming more accessible around the world. The best example of AR technology is the Pokemon Go( mobile gaming app)which very quickly captured the entire market and became a sensation in a very short time.
Besides Games, there are various uses of AR in our daily lives as it has made our life more modern, easy, and comfortable.
1. Navigation systems use Augmented reality in order to show us the live view of the road and guide us in directions.
2. Furniture apps like Amazon and IKEA Place show us how the piece of furniture will look and fit in our offices/rooms.
3. This is quite surprising and interesting to know that even neurosurgeons use AR projection of 3D brain to help them in surgeries.
4. During various sports matches, broadcasters use AR to illustrate and analyze the gameplay of teammates and competitors.
Augmented Reality is gaining popularity day by day and making its own way in each and every industry. AR is constantly putting efforts and trying to reach upper levels not just in the entertainment and gaming sector but also in various other industries such as corporate training, automotive, tourism, and retail.
1. Corporate Training
The introduction of AR in this sector has helped in enhancing experimental learning and has led to approximately 50% faster track performance, 55% faster training, and almost 90% decrease in mistakes. AR helps in improving the comprehension and learning skills of both trainees and seasoned workers and moreover boosts employee engagement and safety awareness. AR can also motivate the employees to learn at their full capacity about the job activity and company because it’s an imaginative experience and thus increases their potential and efficiency. AR can also be beneficial for the company to save money as AR apps and headsets can replace the need for costly seminars and classes.
2. Retail and shopping
Since Augmented Reality’s introduction, it has given a unique approach to almost everything, and the shopping and the retail industry is also not left aside. It has led to a new customer wholesome experience in the shopping sector which almost everyone is loving. It allows the customer to make choices according to their taste and preferences and make choices based on what they see. AR has made it so easy for the customers to purchase products by just clicking the purchase button and the product will directly reach their doorsteps. The main reason for the involvement of AR in retail and shopping is COVID 19. When COVID-19 temporarily closed all the shops, the retailers introduces AR in order to enable them to try clothes, jewelry, sunglasses to continue their sales and make it comfortable for their customers. AR in this industry has reduced the need for traveling, provides a large variety of products, and easy payment setup method according to the customer’s convenience.
Augmented Reality has always had it’s up and down in the healthcare sector. AR has proved itself as the most promising digital health technology at present but the technology seems to be at the stop waiting for new innovations that could give this sector a push.
Some of the best examples of how the inclusion of Augmented Reality transformed medicine and the healthcare sector:-
1. AR has helped to teach and guide new struggling mothers on how they can breastfeed children.
2. With the help of Augmented reality, patients can describe their diseases and symptoms easily.
3. We all know that doctors and patients are aware of the fact that precision is very important in surgery and thus, AR can assist surgeons in OR.
4. AR has helped pharma companies by providing it more innovative drug information. Patients can also see how the drugs work in the 3D form in front of their eyes and don’t have to read long descriptions. It also has the power to transform medical training and this sector is working on it.